Wednesday, December 26, 2007

12/26/07

I know enough to not make New Year's Resolutions about losing weight, etc....but now that Christmas has come and gone, and with only my annual trip over to Indiana to my friend Rick's place on New Years Day to watch football...my diet and eating habits should return to "normal"

Blood Pressure was high on the high end this AM...147-160 but good on the low end 76-78 and the pulse was an outstanding, for my age, 66.

Left front hip pain, slept good with a couple of codeine tablets, and the pain is bearable and motion this morning is good. this morning.

4 comments:

BRUNO said...

Only problem I'm having with the oral pain meds is that they have a "pain-level cap" which is reached all too soon!

I can DRIVE, or RIDE, quite well still. But when it comes to the WALKING, I make about 30 feet at a time, at the most. Luckily for me, that's just about the distance from the BED to the TOILET, in the mornings...!

PRH said...

I know where your coming from...I stood in the funeral home this afternoon talking with my 2 bud(brothers of the guy that passed), for over an hour....I am paying the price tonight.....but for now things are still better than a week ago. And my mornings are much better, I have no illusions on how long this will last though, just hope for the best.

Nancy said...

I'm having trouble with the oral pain meds...they often don't work on the nerve pain, and when they're strong enough to at least make me not CARE too much that I hurt...I get soooo soooo sick to my stomach. I spent Christmas Day throwing up, first brunch, and then dinner. And that was on ONE dose of ONE percocet.

I sometimes have trouble with my pulse rate when my pain level is high...bp is sometimes elevated then too. Has the doc ever taken your pain level into account?

PRH said...

Nancy....my own doctor told me that would be the case....as did the nurses at the Orthopedic Center....right now, the pain is managable...but still not where I want to be.....I still have some oral pain meds, but usually try to avoid them, except maybe before bed.

Other than that I feel great...;)